Rome (Fiumicino) airport is located approximately 30 km from the center of Rome. The most convenient way to get from the airport to the center of Rome is by train or taxi:
- Train: Take the “Leonardo Express” to Rome Termini station. The express departs every 30 minutes. A one-way ticket costs EUR 14.
- Taxi: Take a taxi cab to the city center (only within the Aurelian walls). The fixed rate fare is EUR 48. The trip typically takes 40–45 minutes.
Rome Termini station is the main central station in the city. For train information, see www.trenitalia.it or phone +39 06 68475475.
The metro runs from 05:30–23:30 (01:30 Friday and Saturday). There are two lines (A red; B blue). The junction is at Rome Termini station. For further information, see www.atac.roma.it.
Buses and trams
Buses and trams run from 05:30–24:00. Tickets can be purchased from tobacconists, at the metro station, from ATAC kiosks, from ticket machines at bus stops; and on some bus lines. The same ticket can be used on the metro, buses, and trams. Fares available include:
- BIT integrated time ticket. Cost EUR 1.50; duration 100 minutes.
- BIG full day ticket. Cost EUR 6; duration one (1) day until 24:00.
- BTI integrated tourist ticket. Cost EUR 16.50; duration three (3) days until 24:00 of the third day.
- CIS weekly card. Cost EUR 24; duration seven (7) days until 24:00 of the seventh day.
For further information, see www.atac.roma.it.
Official and legal taxis are white with a sign on the top of the car. Taxi companies include:
- Radiotaxi 3570. Telephone: +39 06 3570 (Recommended)
- Pronto taxi. Telephone: +39 06 6645
- La Capitale. Telephone: +39 06 4994
Useful and emergency numbers
Some useful and/or emergency telephone numbers are:
|Ambulance service :|| |
|Out of hours doctor:|| |
+39 06 570600
|Gemelli Hospital:|| |
+39 06 30151
|Fire brigade:|| |
WLS 2014 general enquiries
For general enquiries about WLS 2014, please contact the EGA Organizing Secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Rome, please see:
- www.turismoroma.it (Rome capital tourism official website)
- www.wikitravel.org (Wikitravel entry on Rome)
For more information about Italy in general, please see: